We believe a crucial aspect of an excellent nurturing environment is the responsiveness to individual needs and the development of a positive self-image. Our warm and inviting developmental approach allows children to progress at their own pace in the areas of social, language, emotional, physical and intellectual skills.
Your child’s individual progress is encouraged, monitored, supervised and shared with you by our trained and experienced staff.
Our goal is to provide a quality “child-directed” and “family-centered” preschool. “Child-directed” refers to the philosophy that in the preschool years the majority of a child’s time should be spent engaged in self-directed play. Our typical day offers a developmentally appropriate combination of teacher-directed and child-directed activities. “Family-centered” means that both the child and family are important and should be provided support and understanding.
- Learning through play: helping to develop confidence, independence, socialization skills and self-esteem.
- Incidental Learning: creating meaningful lessons from everyday occurrences.
- Positive discipline: teaching self-discipline and responsibility.
- Understanding temperament: Knowing its effect on actions.
- Confronting aggression: teaching self-control and problem solving.
- Developmental: Interactive approach-Recognizing social, emotional, cognitive and physical milestones.
- Illness prevention: Limiting exposure to disease with an emphasis on health and hygiene.
- Supportive environment: providing a setting which stimulates growth and is developmentally appropriate.
- Flexible scheduling: responsive to your routine, schedule and commitments.
- Customized program: accommodating individual, temperamental and potty learning needs.
- Parental education: and involvement-keeping you informed and involved with your child’s development.